Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Love Addiction 101
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM (PST)
Sure Haven Addiction Treatment Center will be offering a free educational webinar, “Love Addiction 101” on February 13 starting at 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
During the webinar, participants will learn about love addiction, which will include information on warning signs or behavior that may indicate the addiction. A Q&A portion will also allow participants to anonymously ask questions that may be otherwise too personal to ask in a traditional seminar or group setting. Other topics such as assessment and treatment options will also be discussed Delores Coats, CATC.
Love Addiction is often misunderstood and thought to be superficial or a less serious form of addiction, when in fact, love addiction is real and can be detrimental to the person afflicted by it—just like any other chemical dependency issue.
“For a love addict, romantic relationships, love, sex and the perceived closeness it offers, are experiences most often filled with pitfalls and anxiety, says Coats, therapist and love addiction specialist at Sure Haven. “A love addict is perpetually on an endless quest to find that “special relationship”. She often lives in a chaotic and emotional world of desperation and despair, constantly fearful of being alone or rejected.
Indications that a person may suffer from a love addiction can include:
- Constantly seeking romantic relationship
- Difficulty being alone
- Obsessive quality when in a relationship
- Choosing partners who are emotionally unavailable and/or abusive
- Feeling of extreme “emptiness” when not in a relationship
- Using sex, seduction, and intrigue to hold onto a partner
- Staying in a bad relationship too long
- Out of touch with reality
- Having sex when wanting love
- Returning to dysfunctional relationships
- Does not have a healthy sense of self
- Need to have a perfect relationship
Sure Haven | Welcome to a New Beginning
Our goal is to help our clients build the life skills and self-esteem that they have lost through destructive, self-limiting behavior and addiction. Through our addiction treatment programs, every young woman in our care can re-establish control of her life and achieve the success in the new beginning that awaits her.